View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 03:18 PM   #20
311-420
Can't be bridled

Re: Get a compliment? Post it!

I was out again this morning and ran into a red s550 that wanted to see what Melba Toast was packin'. Once we got into some clean air, I obliged him with a quick 5+ car gapping and then slowed back down to what I thought would be a safe speed had we still been in the 'states. He caught up to me, I looked over and gave the thumbs up and he rolled down his window to say he likes how my car sounds and likes my model. I wasnt sure if he knew what he was looking at, but nonetheless, I returned the compliments. His car sounded deep and clean and had some cool looking louvers on the back glass. I quickly asked what he had done and he replied "just cold air and exhaust."

The 5 liter turned and went another direction and I kept on the pkwy some more. I got to the next light and was sitting there when the car next to me gave a quick honk. I looked over and realized it was one of the cars that was behind us when we made our pull. Expecting to get a scolding of some sort, I was surprised and relieved to see it was a man and woman and they were congratulating me on the win!
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote