View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 06:04 PM   #22
LaMotta

Re: LaMotta Perfoirmance F --- (only since no lower grade)

Larry,

This is A.J. from LaMotta Performance. I was advised by Bob from Kurgan that I should keep an eye out for you bashing the shop since you've done similar things to him & other shops in the past. First I would like to start with the very first time you came to the shop. You came to have a Line Lock installed but instead advised you had issues with your pulley set up. We spent 5-6 hours roughly helping you trouble shoot your pulley issues. You were only charged for 2 hours for that because the owner, Jake, felt somewhat bad & cut you a break. Especially after how you spent the whole morning bad mouthing Kurgan Motorsports & then stood in front of our shop yelling and screaming like a lunatic cursing out Grant Jones from Procharger because they put a 2v pulley back on a 2v blower kit (which is what it is & they identified from the serial # on the blower). From that moment we already realized this was your M.O. No self accountability of the fact that you fabricated a 2v kit to your 4v. So the $219.00 you were charged was quite the break instead of charging you all day when we could have been working on several of the other dozen plus cars at the shop. Now to your timeline from yesterday...

I spoke with you ONCE on the phone to confirm you bringing the car down. There was NEVER an "appointment" where your car was being worked on at 9:00 a.m on the nose and not a second later. We have multiple cars here on the lifts that had to be completed prior to getting your car on a lift. While we were trying to accommodate you as soon as possible, you took it upon yourself to stand outside, curse and scream like a 2 year old in front of the shop. The garage doors were closed because it was only 45 degrees out yesterday morning (cold for us FL boys). Then they stayed closed even after it warmed up a little because nobody in here wanted to hear a grown man yelling & cursing on the phone having a temper tantrum for no reason keep in mind this was basically from the moment the owner showed up (9:10 a.m. since you like keeping track of time).

You then came in the office & said "so whats the deal?" I asked "what do you mean?" You replied "Are you going to work on my car or what?" In your typical rude demeanor. I said we will get to you as soon as this car comes off the lift which you spoke over me & I said I would get with the owner since he just stepped outside right in front of the door which you then didn't say anything to the owner you went past him stood at the edge of the parking lot cursing & screaming on the phone about ME to someone else on the phone which I can recall you saying "HE HAD NO IDEA I WAS COMING TODAY" even though I did point out to you that I had you scheduled to come in today to do a line lock kit! I then told the owner when he came in the office to go speak with you & that is when he opened the door and told you 15 minutes but you were pacing around on your phone yelling & everyone here (customers & employees to boot) could hear you. Also I would like to point out during all of this and taking your mental stability into consideration, you were doing all of these actions while CARRYING AN UNCONCEALED FIREARM (Revolver, fully exposed with holster outside of your waistband like your in the wild west.) Aside from that being illegal here in Florida & considering your hostile temperament nobody was going out of their way to rationalize with you. Also, I do parts sales here, I do not do appointments so me being on the computer, THAT IS MY JOB. I am not a mechanic here so apologies that I was doing what I'm paid to do!

When a car is being worked on, for insurance purposes there is no need for a customer to be under the lift instructing our techs what to do. Why didn't you just do it yourself then? Also nobody here appreciated being confronted by someone with their gun in plain view bossing everyone around. The tech, Billy who was working on your car had a FAMILY EMERGENCY and had to leave that second and had to leave & then came back an just over an HOUR (not 2) to finish up your car before leaving to take care of his family matters thereafter.

The 2 "customers" you're referring to 1- Chris Escobar (NMRA SVO car) was working on his car to prep for racing at NMCA this weekend was working on his car by himself. The other who stopped in who was dropping off his Black GT 2006 w/ the LaMotta stickers to have his prepped as well & to pick up his black foxbody you had mentioned earlier so he could take it to drive home and not be stuck at the shop. We also had several cars there for normal repairs who we treat just as well as the all out race builds. Being that you were acting like an *** & several other customers avoided you as well otherwise you may have been offered some pizza that our customer not groupie brought by.

The line lock was checked if it was working properly on the lift to see if it would work. No need in burning out a customer car in our parking lot without permission. This isn't our first line lock install. Our tech drove your car a 1/4 mile down the road in plain sight so you could see (was already aware you were going to be like this so he made a point to stay in your sight and did not burn out in your car.) Then came back told you he didn't burn out but advised it would work then gave you the keys. Myself as several other customers were witness to this he didn't throw you the keys and say nothing but lying throughout your whole post to make yourself look like a victim makes sense. You picked up some stuff near the fence in back of the shop where no cars go & showed one of our customers I guess to scare him away which was funny because the owner had one of those pieces in his tires on his F150 this morning but never drove back there...

I'd also love to know who you are speaking about in regards to another M1R member, is it DSG? He's been here we know him by name & is an excellent customer and he doesn't make 800hp to feel welcome here and I doubt he will back all of your shenanigans after hearing the other side of the story. You were not charged for taking the blower off doing the line lock and after 6.5% FL sales tax you paid what anyone else would have paid even the "race car gods" you speak of.

Called & spoke with said shop you speak so negatively of when you originally came to us & they also advised what an unpleasant person you were to deal with. go figure. Also the original time you were here we had to call & apologize to Procharger so they didn't think we put you up to calling and cursing them out.

We have customer cars come from all over the nation you do not have to be local or rich to receive excellent customer service from us. Your actions dictated that. Maybe work on growing up & some other shop will tolerate you better next go around because you're not welcome here so the feeling is mutual. Good luck to you.
LaMotta is offline   Reply With Quote