View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #1
not a gt

Unhappy LaMotta Perfoirmance F --- (only since no lower grade)

Hello, let me start off with today, the M1R has loss part of a car guy. I was so excited to have my P1 Mach and to get my line lock installed and the folks at LaMotta took that away from me. I will start at the beginning, only give facts and what limited communication there was I will include. As well, a member here had to read all my running text as it was happening so he may chime in to verify the following:

A little over 2 weeks ago I went for the pulley align issue where you may recall I was there all day, and was charged $219 to remove and install my blower, which I did again the next day when the pulley came in. Time ran out for line lock so I made appointment for today. In the meantime, I had called 3 times to confirm (even called on Friday to try and change appt. to Tuesday and was told no, Thursday).

I had trouble sleeping (excited) and got up at 3:50 AM and left home at 4:45 AM. I got to the shop at 8:30 AM and went ahead and installed the headlights I brought with me. At 9:10 AM, Chris showed up and started his day.

At about 9:20AM AJ shows up and in office with phone/computer.

At 9:35 AM , boss shows up, quick Hi and runs in shop and shuts all roll up doors. In the meantime, another dude (the one who works on stuff) is messing with a black Fox body so I am sitting in the parking lot waiting.

At 10 AM I go inside and ask AJ for an update. He says update on what?? I say when to start on my car, he says"What are you getting done?". I tap on the calender he is leaning his arm on and say that is my name right there that you wrote down and I called 3 times. He says he has to get with the boss.

At 10:10 AM, boss has one foot inside and one outside and tells me in parking lot it will be 15 minutes, guy is working on another car, I motion for him to at least come out the door (this will occur all day..I was not a person today, I was an animal who was a POS that they couldn't look at, talk to or be bothered with). I say to him if I would have known and AJ called me I would have come later..he says AJ didn't know...wait, the guy doing appts. doesn't know what is going on in the shop.

About 10:20 AM Chris (great young guy, he needs to get out of there) starts the wiring of switch. I stay out the way but last time I was there they had said instructions for SLP line lock was wrong, had to install on passenger side, and again today heard boss tell worker (I am using that term really loosely), that he has to install by ABS block. They back this up since Chris ran wire in a loom from drivers side all the way to ABS block..now it gets good (not really)

At 11 AM Chris is finishing up and I ask where is the dude that works on the car( I am nervous since last time I was there in middle of everything they didn't tell me s**t, just went to lunch).Chris tells me dude went to lunch. Wait..he has not touched my car, a little later Chris admits he had to do something involving his kid...keep in mind during this whole day..neither LaMotta nor AJ have said anything. At 12:46 PM I snapped this pic of car on lift (all this time I have been sitting out back on the ground leaning on fence

with no one near car (I was bored and wiped it down)

This pic is at 1PM, notice where solenoid is

At about 1:10 PM, after being gone 2 hours, dude comes back , walks in on the phone(let me add they LOVE there phones there).

At 1:36 PM, I walked the route my car would travel when done from front of building to back and collected this (told boss tires were expensive)

Well, as I am sitting there (no lunch) there has been one dude there all day working on his own car, another pulls up and it is like royalty pulls in and this is when it hit me..To them I am a POS from GA not worthy to even be there. ALL the cars have big LaMotta stickers on the back glass, and now one dude is by my car steady talking for 45 minutes with the guy working on my car (this guy NEVER spoke until the end, more later)

I go in and politely ask Jake (Boss) if he can tell this groupie to please leave mechanic alone so he can work on my car. Oh, Oh, attitude eyes again and he huffs and says "one minute".

I am outside and notice ALL the work is being done on DRIVERS side (wait directions are wrong remember).

About 1:45 PM I go to use the bathroom and they are in the other bay eating a large pizza (no offer, no "F" you..I would have declined, but..)

Keep in mind, all the communication I got today I have included

At about 2 PM or so, mechanic backs out, drives right past me and heads to the highway..so I walk up front. He comes back and hands me the keys and walks away, so to the back of his head I asked if it worked. He says yea, I didn't do a burn out or anything.

I go inside and again NICELY, I ask Jake can he come out and show me how it works and if it DOES work. Oh, oh, Larry the Peon dare speak, with the attitude he brushes by me with me following like a dog and jumps in the car..oh s**t, he has to ask for the keys. With window up and me standing there, he does a burnout in parking lot, says press brake, hit switch, release switch, and gets out and hands me the keys and goes back inside.

I go in office, now it is about 3PM, been there 7 1/2 hours, no sorry, kiss my ***, nothing...wait for it..AJ says that will be $288.92 , oh and even better..stuff that came with kit they didn't use, I went and took it off table in shop AND brought with me my own brake fluid.

I got home at 8 PM, so a nice 12 1/2 hour day on a job I was told starting at 9 AM would be done around noon. NEVER got any explanation, when I left they were all inside.

I have to show in next box pics of where after all the BS they mounted solenoid...guess you know already don't you??

I would like to personally thank everyone at LaMotta for making me feel like since I have just a low HP Mach and not 800 HP, since I am not a local boy, I was not a person today but someone they looked at as an inconvience, I did not push myself on them, a simple no we dont do that work would have been great, but instead I treat inmates better at my prison than what happenned today. I haven't even tried the line lock, really have no interest in it for now, I have always wanted to drag race and finally at 50 am doing it for the first time...I thought racing and car guys was something awesome...they ruined that for me.. hope they feel good about themselves.

I wont mention the name, but a M1R member, if he feels up to it, can confirm all of this.

Have a nice evening guys..and PM how to PROPERLY use the line lock.
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq

Last edited by not a gt; 03-13-2014 at 09:33 PM.
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote