View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 02:55 PM   #65
87handmedown
Captain Ziptie

Re: Operation Rescue, 2004 Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by j rick kirby View Post
Tell me about replacing the door pins and bushings. Is it a hard job? My doors no longer will stay open if on the slightest incline. The little stops 1/2 way thru the door sweep area no longer work. I assume that's the bushings. Is that correct?
No, I mis-typed what I was replacing. I'm correcting the door sag that is caused when the hinge bushings wear out; these guys.
https://lmr.com/item/LRS-BP7SN/Musta...pair-Kit-94-04

What you're talking about is the door hinge check roller, like this guy
https://www.cjponyparts.com/door-hin...1982/p/HW2858/

You may have to buy the whole lower hinge assembly though. My quick google search didn't immediately pull up a check roller bushing and pin kit for our 03/04 Mach 1's.

As far as difficulty goes, no. It's not difficult in the sense of requiring a lot of knowledge or special tools. It is, however, very tedious. You have to open the door, grind off the top of the stock pins with a dremel, pound them out with a hammer and punch (all while supporting a heavy awkward door), knock the old bushings out, install new bushings, line the door back up, drop the new pins in, and touch up any paint you messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ron View Post
There are several videos on youtube to show you how to remove car emblems. I have not done it myself but basically use a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive and then use fishing line or dental floss to cut thru the adhesive. Then you can use goo-gone or wax to remove the rest of the adhesive. I would buy new emblems as replacements and they will have tape on the back of them for sticking them on the fender. I don't know of the emblems will have two holes behind them for alignment or not.

Big Ron
Perfect. That's what I'll do and report back.
Michael Delaney: Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
87handmedown is offline   Reply With Quote