View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 04:31 PM   #33
bris09

Re: Hello Mach 1 World

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDraper View Post
Best permanent solution is to powdercoat it crinkle black. That is a dead match for the factory finish and will last a long time. My old Mach is going on 10 years powdercoated and it still looks great.
Can attest to the powdercoating. Had mine done by the same person a few years ago and haven't had to touch it since. Short term you can use Mothers Back to Black on it. If left out in the sun daily, it will last about a month before you have to do it again.

The shaker is actually painted from the factory with wrinkle paint and the wrinkle powdercoat used by the person who did Jeff and I's shakers is a dead ringer for the stock paint. The guy is very picky, he redid mine twice before sending it back because he wasn't happy with how it turned out the first two times.

BTW, welcome to the site and hope to see you at Carlisle.

We also do an annual Crab Run down to Woody's Crabhouse in Northeast, MD. The run starts at Old School's (Chris) house in West Chester and ends with a BBQ at Chris' house (includes time in the pool between meals). This event is open to all makes and models so usually end up with a nice mix of cars ranging from the 60's to modern day plain jane cars. Chris normally posts the date a few months in advance, watch the Get Togethers section of the forum.
Enough to not be the slowest, but nowhere near enough to be the fastest.

17 Fusion Sport
Now faster than the Mach

96 Laser Red Cobra Vert
For those days you just wanna cruise with the top down

89 Shelby CSX
Still rocking the VNT and Fiberides.
bris09 is offline   Reply With Quote