View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #145
305HP

Re: Under Drive Pulleys..and the problems they cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
NAME ONE MOD MOTOR ENGINE BUILDER THAT LIKES THEM!
I'm on PLENTY of mustang and ford sites.
Besides, why do I NEED to be on other sites, I talk with engine builders every day.
Do you know that the first MACH1 that was blown up had March pulleys and it was at Paul's HP?
And how many others do you know of? hm?

With the fact that oil pumps have gone on stock engines, for all we know that pump was already on its way out. Nothing was ever shown that it was the pulley that actually caused it, Did they tear down the engine and inspect it BEFORE the pulley? I'm sure they didn't.

If March was actually the cause they would also have to pull the Cobra pulley due to there would be hundreds of Cobras blowing up from it.

I look around on SVTp, and I NEVER see people complaining about "omg my pully killed my car!" about 1/3 of the users there are running a pulley of some brand and in 5yrs I have NEVER seen a post on that site blaming an oil pump failure on a pulley. Hell look around here, there are many people here using them too, yet since I've been a member I've never seen a oil pump break and be proven its the pulleys fault. Same with my local mustang club, we have a Mach1, 99 Cobra, and 01 Cobra, none have issues due to the pulleys, and the Cobras are using Steeda brand (the new redesign), and I hve a March. 18,000 miles with no problem in my case.

Just because an engine builder doesn't use it, doesn't mean it's not a good product, it just means they might not be getting a discount or sponsorship on them.