View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 07:05 PM   #48
CajunMach1
Mach 1 Jedi Knight

Thumbs up Re: 2018 Plans for your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuFFstang View Post
I like the Cobra side scoop inserts! How hard was that and where did you find those?

Nice!
2 ways to do it:
1) take a tiny flat blade screwdriver and try to pry off where the lil push in clips are making sure not to chip/damage your paint...

or the method I used

2) grab firmly and pull the entire scoop off , its held on w/6 tiny nylon clips that are pretty tough, in fact, the scoop plastic mounts (6) will brake before the clips do, I had to re-glue two of my clip retainer mounts which was no biggie w/superglue. The good news if you do this method is, there is a plastic seal behind the scoop and in most cases it is not stuck on to the car any longer so you can clean it up and reseal it to the car, I used a lil rtv silicone since the original glue was contaminated with dirt/dust and resealed it to the car.

Once you get the scoop off the inserts just push out from the back side.

Where to get them:
you can buy used cobra side scoops on ebay but you have to look for ones w/the terminator inserts or there is actually a guy also on ebay selling some of those NOS inserts at a NOS price too Not sure how many sets he has left as these are no longer made.

Thanks to 2 members on this forum; 311-420 & ab_mach1 for the idea...

04 Black Mach 1 5 spd
#4200 of 7182 built, #189499
  • IUP
  • Flowmasters
  • Cobra Mirrors
  • SVE hood struts
  • HL, Fog, & Int LEDs
  • Sequential Taillights
  • Terminator scoop inserts
  • 40th Anv Console Emblem
  • CDC Stars & Strips Grill Pony
  • AFS 18" staggered wheels w/black lugs

Last edited by CajunMach1; 04-29-2018 at 07:22 PM.
CajunMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote