View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #89
JDraper
On Permanant Vacation

Re: Lock-out, missed shifts - Mystery solved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWaterSkier View Post
For those who have installed the fiore adjuster...

I scoped out the job today after recieving the kit from LethalPerformance (Fiore adjuster and Steeda Quadrant). The Steeda piece comes with a sleeve for one side and a nylon washer for the other to position the quadrant correcty which is great. Looking under the dash, the two clips that need to be removed have been inserted from above (I'm sure the whole set of pedals was pre-assembled and then installed in the car). Getting them out looks to be a job for angled needle nose?

Inside the engine bay, I can't see how you could get a drill lined up to make the larger holes. I didn't remove the PCV as I was just scoping out the job, but visually, I can't see getting a drill in there straight. I did remove the driver's seat which was pretty easy. As for the comment about the studs and covering them, you can just thread another nut on the stud along with the one that came off and tighten them together and then remove the whole stud. No more back gouging.

Can someone explain the procedure (and tools) they used before I commit to the job please? I don't want to get half way through and realize I don't have the correct tool(s) to complete the job.

90° Pneumatic drill worked for me.
18 Ford Explorer XLT
17 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
16 Fusion SE AWD Ecoboost
10 Fusion SE V6
66 289 Mustang Hardtop Restomod
JDraper is offline   Reply With Quote