Thread: Mach vs Boss
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 08:45 AM   #19
Fauxnali
What's Shakin'

Re: Mach vs Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloyPony View Post
In my opinion, the 2004 car is the last one that felt muscular. There's just something about that Fox platform that feels raw. Feels powerful. It's poorly insulated. It's loud. It's small. It's got tons of visibility. You sit on the wheel instead of down under the wheel. The interior is cheap plastic. The controls are kindergarten simple. It's all about the experience. When you turn the key on a pre-2005 car it just feels like a fun enthusiast car should feel.

The newer cars are big, heavy, well insulated, with instruments and touch screens and buttons everywhere. They are comfortable and convenient. The gap between a coupe and a sedan has closed with the newer stuff. And to me, that just doesn't feel the same. It's not as fun to drive. A GT350 will smoke my car. So will a Hellcat. So will a ZL1. But none of them feel the same and none of them are as fun as the Mach 1.

It's all about the experience. To me, you can't get the same experience with newer cars.
^^^
This all day. I actually had this same feeling when I went from my ‘85 5.0 with T-tops to the Mach1. It was lighter, twitchier, and you felt more exposed in hairy situations. I’ve driven a new GT and while a beautiful car, it doesn’t have that same raw feeling that the Mach has.
All this being said, the only two cars I would even consider trading the Mach in for would be a 2012-13 Boss or a GT-350. Oh, or maybe a 2000 Cobra R.

1985 Mustang GT T-tops
Sold

2003 Azure Blue
IUP Automatic
One of 453
#2290 of 9652
Built on February 24th 2003
Eibach Pro-Kit, no ISO's in rear
Magnapacks CatBacks
Mac O/R X-pipe
K&N Drop in filter
4.10 Ford Racing Gears