Big Ron
Original 03 TR Owner

Re: Mecum (Dallas 2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach351 View Post

There is a 2004 Mach1 on Thursday's schedule:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/DA1018-332432/2004-ford-mustang-mach-1/
_
I was able to attend on Friday. I found the above Mach 1. It was marked $17K but did not make reserve (which was probably $20k). It was very nice with a couple of touches that I did not like but it was a very nice car. The paint was perfect.

Hard to believe that they had almost 1200 cars there (under one roof)! We looked for about 4 hours and could have spent 4 more. The cars were parked by day and in numerical order. It was easy to find a car that you wanted to see.

I got to meet and talk to "Ben". He's the hefty looking guy that always says SOLD SOLD SOLD when he gets a winning bid. It was funny to listen to him talk to the bidders thru the day.

I did not see any car that I would not want to own. They were all spotless. Better than I expected.

I agree with "Recon" in that overall you are bidding on a car soley by looks. They may be perfect in looks but you don't know if the mechanical matches the paint!

The "young girls" at the entrance couldn't tell you where anything was at and they weren't that good-looking anyway.

Big Ron
Big Ron is offline   Reply With Quote