Thread: Die -cast cars
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 09:30 PM   #866
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Re: Die -cast cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAEG View Post
Neat story, nice build on the model. Never heard of such a Mustang although I was raised in a Chevy family so my Ford knowledge is definitely limited. Did I miss it in the story?? Is this vehicle and all tube chassis?

I am looking to make a plastic model of an old car we have. I've purchased the main body of the model but still need several items, any leads on a modern GM truck with an LS motor in it? And I'm in need of a turbo and piping which may just require manufacturing my own pieces unless anyone has some model suggestions. The twist on mine is taking a nice model and making it look old and crusty.. I'll need to bend the front fender a bit and make rust holes...
Being the long time Mustanger I am, I've known the story for many, many years. It's been forgotten by most and never known by many more, even though it's been seen by so many. As far as getting parts together to crash build almost anything you want, there are an insane amount of parts on ebay. I was able to score a 427 8V for a Fairlane that I'm working on, as well as a set of Keystone Klassic wheels for the same build. I'm going to do a replica of the '69 Dyon Don Cougar Super Cat and I found a correct air cleaner and a set of correct reproduction decals, so if you do want to do something like you're talking about do some searching. You'll be surprised what's out there. I've got another super secret build in process now, and it's another one I'm excited about.
The actual Boss that Dearborn Steel Tubing built was sold as a body in white that started life as an R code SCJ Mach 1, so it wasn't sold as a tube framed racer.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote