View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 05:46 PM   #1
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

There is a Strong Possibility That I Will Be Starting a Mach 1 Collection

I really like the 2021 model. I currently have an '03 black, non-IUP, manual car that I bought to replace my original '03 azure blue, IUP, manual one. Side note - I am in touch with the owner of my blue '03, so maybe someday it will come back to me.

I've been a fan and owner of the current generation Mustang since 2014, when I got a 2015 GT. In 2018, I traded it for a 2019 Bullitt. The S550 is a heck of a car.

I have followed the rumors of an S550 Mach 1 for a long time. After it was fully introduced this week, I was not missing a shaker or disappointed with the engine output. I know this is a different interpretation. However, seeing what Ford put into the car to make a legacy of speed in keeping with "Mach", I decided if the stars (and my bank account align), I would get one.

Some things I like about the newest Mach -
1) Tremec manual
2) automatic option available (of course)
3) Fighter Jet Gray color
4) orange stripe highlights and Brembo brake calipers
5) cloth seat availability
6) technology adapted from the GT350 and GT500
7) additional handling capability for track rats
8) global audience
9) base platform's inherent handling capability
10) the fact we are still getting a V8 engine in these days of battery tech

I am eager to see the order guide because I am strongly considering a base Mach 1 with the Appearance Package (Fighter Jet Gray, orange strip accents, orange Brembos) with an automatic transmission.

All of my other Mustangs are manuals, but back when the '03-'04s came out, I remember hearing about the appeal of the automatic and it being part of the Mach 1 heritage.

This thread will serve as my accountability statement to see if I really do it. Hahaha!
VIN 388409, Built ??/??/????
Delivered 7/12/2019 w/122,696 miles
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote