View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
SparksMach1
Shitin 'n Gitin

t/o bearing retainer sleeve grease type

Hey I'm changing out my clutch on Wed, already have BRAND NEW:

03 Cobra Clutch disc and PP, 03 cobra flywheel, Clutch fork and pivot ball, Clutch cable, Ford Racing t/o bearing and pilot bearing.

question is, when I take everything out, I've got a new (to me) 3650 going in, its been sitting in the garage for a while and has some surface rust on the input shaft and bearing retainer sleeve. I plan on using some emery paper and getting rid of all the crap thats accumulated on it. but what type of grease should I put on the input shaft (where the bearing rides)and on the sleeve for the t/o bearing. I don't think white lithium grease would be a good idea, I've got a jar of synthetic high temp grease at the house (specificially for ford/lincoln/mercury cars) would that be good to use? and I'm only going to put a thin layer of the stuff on there.

in doing research before I posted, I found this... a rep from american powertrain says don't grease up anything? What are you're opinions on this

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ng-please.html

442/435 @ the rear ALL MOTOR -Race Gas
FRPP BOSS 5.0 block, 10.6:1 compression, Manley H-Beams; Diamond flat-top pistons, P&P heads W/ 5-angle valve job & ARP Head studs, PP upper/lower intake, Comp Stage 2 N/A cams, FR500 springs, valves, and followers, Tube K with coilovers and Bilsteins, Kooks, Stingers, 2.97 T-56 Magnum, 31 Spline Superior axles & Auburn-pro dif, built battle boxes, KB BAP w/ 39lb injectors, and 4:10's.

Last edited by SparksMach1; 06-28-2010 at 11:41 AM.
SparksMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote