View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #8
PeteEpple

Re: coil overs vs lowering springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66gam View Post
Coil overs are just so **** expensive. Are they worth the price?
Here is one of the biggest things you need to look at. How much are you willing to/going to be adjusting and how often? If you just want to lower the car and that's it, it might not be worth the price. If you plan on racing the car and want to be able to adjust the heights for different tracks/conditions, then it's probably worth it.

With a traditional spring and a good double adjustable shock (rear) and a good strut (front) and can get a great blend of adjustment and performance. Unfortunately, ride height adjustment is not one you'll have (depending on what rear lower control arms you run - MM arms have an adjustable spring perch).

the other thing is that much adjustability puts you into an area that if you don't know what adjustments to make, it can be difficult to make the car better. I don't your background at all, so forgive that comment if it was inappropriate. I learns how to tune suspension stuff by screwing my car up at the track and figuring it out on my own. Its a huge pain in the ***! I had way more adjustability than i ever should have when i was younger... Things to keep in mind.