View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 08:38 PM   #65
paul

Re: What to do to get 300 rwhp on a Mach 1

Wanted to let everyone know, I changed the water pump pulley on my mach to a motoblue underdriven pulley. I put a diablo programer on it just to watch the engine temp. At 6000 grand the temp was 193 with the underdriven pulley compared to 188 with the factory water pump pulley. Due to the car running hotter with the underdrive pulley the computer pulled timing. End result 293.7 hp at the wheels with the aftermarket pulley and 299.8 hp with the stock pulley. These cars are really finicky. paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbeachmach1
Well I have done a few mods and have done my best to dyno after each mod or group of mods to see what the gains were and my last dyno put me at 301 rwhp and 319 rwtq.

Bone Stock = 266 hp

Bassani SS Offroad X-Pipe and Catback K&N Air Filter (Drop In) = 283 hp

SCT Custom Chip = 292 hp

PHP Intake Spacer and JLT RAI = 301 hp

Also noteworthy, its not all about the peak HP/TQ, on the curve there are some areas of significant gain from mod to mod.

I just thought this might help some of you who might be questioning as I did what mods make the most difference. By far the exhaust/K&N was the single largest gain so far. Like many of you I hate spending money on stuff that doesn't help the car, or causes a loss in power. What a waste.
paul is offline   Reply With Quote