View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 03:27 PM   #54
SchwermoRacing

Re: 2020 Mach1 hybrid!?

I have loved the mach1 ever since I saw photos of a 69 as a kid. a guy I went to HS was lucky enough to be allowed to drive his dads every day and he let me take it around the school parking lot once when I was 17.

When I got a "real" job in 2007 I bought myself a VERY light used 2003 Black 5spd Mach1, also my first Mustang, and loved every moment of it until it was unfortunately wrecked in a rainstorm taking me home from a client in DC. It still managed to limp me home just south of Philly. A few days later it was declared totalled.

At first I was VERY happy to see the MAch1 logo, but then took in what teh video meant, and the messages from Ford, and now have very little hope for the next Mach1 being anything that I'd have any interest in.

I'd love to say that my next car would be a Mach1 as well, this is making me feel like in the future when I see the Mach1 badge I'm just going to sign and know what it USED to mean, and what it used to mean to me.

I consider myself lucky to have had a Mach1 when the name still meant something.
SchwermoRacing is offline   Reply With Quote