View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #132
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Re: Under Drive Pulleys..and the problems they cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmhutch View Post
Maybe my post wasnt clear. When the Ford balancer fails, it doesnt destroy the engine, the Steeda's do. Why would you replace a bad part with something even worse. And then blame Ford if the oil pump gears fail while using a substandard product? Why not use an ATI or a Fluidamper? Neither of which have had any association with failed oil pumps. Just doesnt make sense.

And I'm not sure what you are refering to when you say I "havent seen one". I've seen and used both Ford and Steeda balancers. The Steeda is a very nice looking piece. Just poorly engineered and executed.

As far as the Ford balancer failures. Most of them have been on the new Aluminator crate engine that was assembled using the incorrect damper/timing cover combination. Not an inherent flaw in the damper itself.
Any balancer that comes apart has the chance to ruin the engine . Like Hyland said ..any new one installed wrong will fail too. As far as Ford is concerned ..on the Aluminator the engine was put together wrong by Ford nuff said. The stock ones have failed on GTs,Machs and Cobras some damaged engines like my friends Gt some did not. Made poorly is youre opinion... since Steeda is a partner with Ford i dont think so.
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote