View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 02:53 PM   #54
SHKR281
USCG

Re: Gears - to answer the questions once and for all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosters
usually get a taller tire. however, by the time machs make power to trap higher than 120, they'll have a healthy power adder, and whoever did that decision probably didn't go with 4.30s or plans on putting lower gears on it... guess it depends just how far above 120 they are. shifting into 5th would most likely kill your time and make you drop below 120 :p

as for the 4.30s being for a track focused car, i disagree. mine's a daily driver, and it'll be a while till I max out these gears with 120 mph traps...
Ya I knew the taller tire helps, i just didnt know how much an inch does. Or how Tall our tires are from ford. I know top of 4th is where you want to be, so instead of checkng out what mph top of 5th what they did. (because they were checking the topend lose) i checked out 4th. You fixed up what i wanted to say about 4.30s and 4.56s being more of a non power adder gear. I didnt mean you cant daily a car with 4.30s i checked out 5th gear at a bunch of different mphs to show more rpms. But i did make it sound like that, sorry.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote. -Benjamin Franklin
SHKR281 is offline   Reply With Quote