View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 10:23 AM   #8
TRbetngu

Re: Old member, potentially a new Mach.

Well, the car is mine!

Got down there and the the car looked even better in person than it did in the pictures he sent. Drove great, couldn't detect any issues at all. I like the wheels more than I thought I would, they seem to fit the car.

However, he originally told me (and I checked the text just to make sure I'm not crazy) that the car had an SLP exhaust and an SLP catback. After he drove away with my beloved truck, one of my buddy's got under the car and goes "Huh, Flowmasters". WHAT.

I get down there and sure enough, a welded in flowmaster. Look at the x pipe and there were no clamps, no fittings at all, and up at the top where it starts to bend for the manifolds were bend creases in the metal. I wasn't sure what to think of that. Concerns me that if he was going to lie (or not know) about the exhaust, what else was he going to lie (or not know) about? But it sounds okay and I can live with it for awhile.

It has a 93 octance tune from Bama that I think runs a little rich (could be due to the exhaust) and seems like a great little car. Jumping from 15mpg on the highway to 23mpg sure helped me get over the exhaust bug. All the more reason to order Borla stingers I suppose?
Attached Thumbnails
Mach1pinwheel.jpg  

-P1-SC kit
-Magnaflow Catted X w/ Borla Stingers
-MGW Shifter
-H&R SS springs
-18" AFS reps
-Treated better than my wife
TRbetngu is offline   Reply With Quote