View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 12:56 PM   #1
TRbetngu

Old member, potentially a new Mach.

Headed off to grad school, parents thought it might be a wise idea to get a car that gets better mileage than my truck (05 F150, about 12mpg). I thought that was a fantastic idea, and immediately started looking for cars. I had my eyes on a brand new ecoboost Mustang , a 2013-14 GT , or a Mach 1.

After much though, I hated the idea of a 4 cylinder car, no matter how many creature comforts there were. I could afford to make payments on a 2013-14, but don't think it would be a smart move to borrow $6000-$8000 when I wont't have a good job for awhile. (Law school, 3.5 years)

By process of elimination I decided that I wanted to hop behind the wheel of a Mach 1 again. I love the raw power and never have been one for creature comforts anyways. After about a week of searching the nation on craigslist, I found a 2003, torch red, 5 speed with 64,000 miles that was wanting to trade for a Ford pickup. Perfect, right? Only mods are SLP midpipe and catback, and an intake. Has 18" staggered Godspeed Omega wheels that I'm not entirely sold on, but we'll see. I'm hoping to go look at it next weekend or the weekend after that. Have to fix a couple things on my rig first.

What do you guys think? Would love to hear some opinions. Was looking for an Azure blue but they're tough to find for good deals and the straight up trade just makes it all so easy.
Attached Thumbnails
mach 1.jpg   cropped mach.jpg  

-P1-SC kit
-Magnaflow Catted X w/ Borla Stingers
-MGW Shifter
-H&R SS springs
-18" AFS reps
-Treated better than my wife
TRbetngu is offline   Reply With Quote