Thread: Spark plug gap
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 01:56 PM   #14
TKat13
Mach-T

Re: Spark plug gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv7 View Post
I've looked into that and people go back and forth on this 80lbers dump too much fuel at idle and low rpm so hardware issue can't be tuned out. Have had 3 different competent tuners on different changes 11mpg just too low. I guess I'll find out the hard way and let you guys know.
I know for a fact that there are tuners that can tune a car to run properly on 80's, I drive one myself. In fact, I picked up this set of 80s from a guy that said exactly the same as you did, best 200.00 bucks spent. He said he took his car to two shops and they could not tune the car. Asked my tuner about it, he told me to buy them and he had me up and running extremely quickly, and that was on an entirely new build. He did tell me that many were having problems tuning with the 80s, something about the sample curve provided by his tuning software was way off. (if I recall correctly, its been a few years).

Although MPGs was never a concern for me at 750+hp, there are so many other factors that impact MPG, not just the injectors. I think the best I have done is 13; but that is using a TH400 trans, 3500 stall and driving around town on 315 drag radials...oh on E85. Given that, 13 is fantastic.

My normal is 10-11 but my normal driving the mach involves a heavy right foot so it is not a fair comparison.

Its about Smiles per Mile!
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote