View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #187
mstangtony

Re: Official Computer Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasionox666x View Post
Ok. This thread has dust on it "pulls put swiffer"

First off, my computer knowledge is above average, but my troubleshooting skills are horrible because I start in the middle instead of the bottom and I'm just stumped with this one.

I got someones laptop recently. It's an Acer (go figure).
First thing wrong with it was that the screen didn't work. I looked up a hardware reset code and did it as the laptop booted up. Awesome!

I got the screen to work, but the keyboard doesn't work, mousepad doesn't respond either. The USB ports aren't being
recognized. Basically it sits there on the bootup screen and asks me to make a selection to either boot it in safe mode or do a system recovery. I can't click anything and I can't type with it so it automatically goes go system recovery and a dialogue box opens and asks me to click next to continue.

I've tried more than one mouse in each USB port. Not responding.

I see that they have a card expansion slot on the laptop. Should I try to get one with USB ports on it and see if it works?

Could there be a problem with the bios?
I don't want to flash the bios lol. Never done it.

Everything is hooked up, I checked. I don't know why the keys worked when resetting it to get the screen to work, and after the screen works the keys don't.

I've already done a data migration so whatever suggestion you have that wipes the whole thing is good.

Any suggestions?

Let me know if you need more information.

***WOW your right, dusting this post off, again. Id like to see this post keep going, but aparantly its not as useful or fun. haha. I am a tech as well, work for the Gov't Certified in Sec + and A+, to answer your question. So you tried booting into safemode at the DOS screen with all the options (F8 to make that menuy come up during bootup) and nothing works. I would just reset the BIOS, it wont hurt anything, just puts everything to default. if not. i would get a boot cd that takes you for a WINPE type of format. see if you can do anything threre. anywho those are my thoughts. and since your post is from long ago, you probably tossed the laptop away lol. good luck. ***