View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 12:05 AM   #7
QTRPONY
Official ls1gto.com Troll

Rookie Data logger

Rickster,

I bought a used predator about a month ago but I have been so busy that I have not really had time to play with it. Your post got me going on it and I went out last night and bought the cables and power supply to upgrade to r50c. I was running r50a. For now I am totally stock unless you want to count my K&N. I have a 90 GT that I put all my spare $$ into for now, but soon I will start working on the MACH.

Anyway, I have figured out the computer side of things. I have succussfully datalogged (using factory tune) and viewed it on my computer. Also, I was able to upgrade to r50c with no problems. I even figured out how to turn the darn T/C off. If was simple enough but reading the manual was a waste of time.

BUT my problem is I have no clue what I am looking at when I datalog. Also, I know I am not doing things exactly right. For example when I viewed the datalog using the graphic viewer it was very limited because of the PIDs (?) when you look at the RPM's which goes up to 6k+ and some of the fuel and timing data there is not much variance. i.e the fuel and timing lines look flat because of the scale of the y-axis (x maybe?)

Anyway, if possible can you provide some specific instructions on setting up parameters in the predator and what to look for when viewing them? I am trying to learn how to read this thing so that when I start making mods I can be able to adjust my own timing and fuel levels.

It seems like it would be possible for someone to email datalog files. Just wondering if it would be helpful to email you the file so you could see what I am doing wrong and help to explain what I am looking at.

Any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Last edited by QTRPONY; 12-24-2004 at 12:13 AM.
QTRPONY is offline   Reply With Quote