View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 02:32 PM   #18
87handmedown
Captain Ziptie

Re: Operation Rescue, 2004 Mach 1

So that is where I currently sit progress wise. I picked up some black RTV over lunch, and will get the oil pan, and valve cover gaskets installed this evening. Then I should be ready to drop the engine back into the car later this week!

Regarding the timing chains, I followed these instructions to the letter, https://performanceparts.ford.com/do...-6004-A464.PDF
So I'm hoping there wasn't a mistake made. We're talking about 4 cams here so there's a chance something could be wrong. However, I'm fairly certain these are interference engines, so if I was off on the timing, I shouldn't be able to rotate the engine, correct? I can rotate the engine around now, and nothing binds or sounds like it's making contact anywhere. It just makes me nervous having never done that to one of these before.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I marked the main cam sprocket bolts, torqued them to 30 ft-lbs, and then rotated them another 90 degrees per the instructions I had. Never done that before, so I'm just double checking to make sure that's correct.
Michael Delaney: Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
87handmedown is offline   Reply With Quote