View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 09:17 AM   #15
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAMiller View Post
I've just discovered the same from BAMA, they need to state that more clearly when you buy it, at the time I don't recall seeing that anywhere . What's with all the negativity I've seen on BAMA lately by the way? Are they no good?

I got my tuner and first tunes from Bama in 2012. I experienced pinging from each of the tunes they gave me (I think they called them standard, performance, and race). The race tune was so bad, I had pinging at half throttle lol. I picked the performance tune, since it seemed to run the smoothest and pinged only at full throttle. I called and asked them if I could data log. First, they had me change to a colder copper spark plug, but no data log. Still had problems, so they finally said okay to data log. It took 4 more iterations of the tune to get the pinging to stop lol. I ran with that up until finally deciding to get a retune from another tuner. I waited until I needed a change, when I got an off road midpipe. LaSota didn't say whether or not that changed the tune, but I didn't really ask. I just wanted a new tune lol. I could tell it was better right from the first startup lol. It ran smoother and accelerated smoother than with the Bama tune. Overall, I was disappointed in myself for waiting so long to go with a different tuner.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote