View Single Post
Old 10-17-2003, 10:16 AM   #48
rcode99

Quote:
Originally posted by kevsmach
We all have something to be proud of. My Torch red Auto w/IU is exactly what I wanted. I guess a small part of me is a bit cheesed about there being more than 6,500, the 04' production run and some of the know quality issues that should have never made it out of the factory the but after reading the other opinions, I do not see this as a problem.

I was tooling down I-75 Saturday afternoon heading toward Atlanta and got a thumbs up from a guy in a new Vette. We did not race but just hung in there together crusing at about 80/85 for a good hour. I am not really sure why I mentioned this, afterall I have never cared one way or the other what the GM boys thought about anything, but for some strange reason that made my day. This is one small "good feeling" that I could actually describe in words. I can not begin to describe in words what that monster does at about 4,000+ rpm when you stand on it. Its one of those things where you just got to be there.

This is why I am going to overlook some of Fords misdeeds concerning the Mach. With all their nearsighted goofs look what they gave us. Right out of the box we have one of the most unique American cars on the road. I know some people pay a lot more for what I connsider a lot less car so I have to say that in my opinion, the good far outweighs any bad. I am happy with my car.
Here, here! If they said they made 9,000 cars I still would have bought one. I had a similar meeting with a guy that bought a new Lightening about the same time I bought my Mach 1. He couldn't stop saying what a fantastic looking car it was? I almost felt sorry for the guy. Here he's driving a truck I would have loved to have bought a few months ago and he's carrying on about my car.

"Never slap a man who has a mouthful of chewing tobacco." Will Rogers said that.
rcode99 is offline   Reply With Quote