Thread: NMRA Nov. 9-11
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:04 AM   #13
LM_Coogs
Black Guy With Mach 1

Re: NMRA Nov. 9-11

hey guys,

WOW!! What a great weekend of racing for those of you who didn't make it out you really missed out. Got to meet James (JPJNTX) for the first time, see my old friend James (Yellowmenace) who I haven't seen in awhile (we was the only Machs holding down the fort), and ran into a few guys who I been racing with and against for years. Even met a guy that have been racing my uncle from way back in the day in Porter, Tx (I beat him) when I was little boy. Saw an 81 year old man run an Drag Radial ran a 6.71 @234 mph. My favorite class of the event was the NA 10.5 class low 8 sec. cars screaming at 10,000 rpms. I must say the car show wasn't as big as I would had aspected or the swap meet. But, unto the results for James (JPJNTX) told you his results and how his weekend went. Not sure how James (Yellowmenace) do on saturday, but sunday he race in Open Comp & Bracket 1. Open Comp lost in the 2nd and in Bracket 1 he made it to the 3rd before going out. As for me I ran in Index Rumble E and Bracket 1. Saturday was qualified #8 in Index Rumble and in bracket 1 lose in the Quarter Finals with and -.005 redlight. Sunday, Index Rumble got the first round bye and in the second round lose due to I forgot to shift the car back into 1st after the burnout and left in 2nd gear. Bracket 1 I made it all the way to the semi-finals and got beat with an holeshot. His .025 to my .044 reaction time. Worst part about it I ran dead on my dial-in. I was really trying to get that Wally but just missed it dang it well maybe next year I would finally make my dream come true and get that Wally Trophy.

P.s. I will post up pics and videos I have from the weekend as soon as I have time.

Josey's Racing Team

In Loving Memory of My Dad
BURTIS JOSEY 2-2-43/3-29-16
LM_Coogs is offline   Reply With Quote