View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 09:39 AM   #349
bristol16

Re: Official Procharger HP/TQ/mods thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
Solid. What are your impressions?
I’ve been happy with it. I’ve owned a few turbo cars and some other toys but this is the first car I’ve had that is supercharged. The D1SC is quieter than I expected, even with the louder “stock cut” gears in it. Power delivery is definitely smoother than the turbo cars I’ve driven and it pulls really really hard up top...never drops off at all. Tuner said he felt like it may be staring to break up just before redline so I am going to replace the plugs and go one step colder to help out the motor. With the exhaust mods I’m not sneaking around anywhere but the car does scoot right along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by not a gt View Post
HELL YEA..GREAT NUMBERS..CONGRATS !!! Lol, funny asked tuner to RESTRICT HP, doesn't everyone want that problem lol !!!!
Yeah no kidding! I have no doubt that a D1SC is capable of more, but most everything I read said results may vary over 500 so I wanted to keep it down until I build the motor, if I ever do. I never asked him how much higher he thought it would go, be interesting to know what the limit is. These DOHC engines also rev decently higher than my LS1 did, kinda weird waiting so long to shift.
bristol16 is offline   Reply With Quote