View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #155
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Re: Under Drive Pulleys..and the problems they cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305HP View Post
I've been in this thread sine Page 1. Ford them selfs use under driven pulleys on the CobraR, and an under driven Crank pulley on all the CobraJet and Supersnake motors.

I haven't seen a single case of a oil pump failing that wasn't on a car that was over rev'd or wasn't on an engine that wasn't used for heavy track use. No ones shown a single daily drive/weekend racer that has had issues. All you hear is talk about engines that were built to hit 8000RPM, or people reving 7500+ on their stock pump having issues. I coant find a single thread about a person staying at 7200 or lower and having issues.

I've asked for YEARS for a thread of a weekend racer or daily driver that has had issues and was proven to be the crank pulley and NO ONE has shown me one. If anything they have been PROVEN to be safe on the street with how FEW have broken anything vs how many stock pulley s have broken pumps. Even the cars creator couldn't say it was the pulleys due to how many stock ones have broken.

So lease spread all the FUD you want, in the end pulleys breaking pumps ONLY applies to cars that are often reving past redline
So what it really comes down to is the mis-use of a product... ..

1) Its ok to use UDs with an Automatic that has a lower red line.

2) UDs may be safe on a street car 5 -speed Manual as long as you dont
miss a gear or over-rev it.

3) Anyone using UDs for strickly racing should use what is told to them by their engine builder / tuner no matter what the name brand is. This info is important since they know the RPM used in the Motor build and the Tune settings !
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote