View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #92
TuFFstang

Re: Removing Valve Covers and Installing Cobra Cams - A Complete How To With Pics

Has anyone every tried removing the entire intake (everything) when attempting the Cam cover install or Cam swap? It would give a lot more access room for the job.

I remember when install installing my ported intake I pretty much took all of it apart. Looked like I could simply lift slightly and then slide the covers into the valley.

I have everything needed to do a 99 Cobra Cam swap, Ford GT covers. Also lowering parts on the shelf. Just looking for help (solo mechanic makes it hard) for the job. If I do attempt it my Mach1 is no longer a daily driver so down time is no issue. I've found the leaving the car on Jack stands and taking my time over a couple days helps me think through the project.

Of course degree the Cams would be the best, but for the best bang for the buck Dot to Dot seems to be cost and peace of mind worth it. It's tough finding/trusting a speed shop that will take care of the Mach1 and not miss or mess up anything.

This vehicle is serial #5929 of build of 7182 and is one of 1039 manufactured in Dark Shadow Grey

Last edited by TuFFstang; 08-11-2014 at 01:19 AM.
TuFFstang is offline   Reply With Quote