View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 02:16 AM   #2
01yellerCobra

It's been awhile, but usually I remove the pan bolts except for one side. Then I slowly loosen those which should cause the pan to tip. You might have to pry it away from the case to get things started. But as the fluid draining slows you can loosen the bolts a little more until the fluid is drained. Then drop the pan and swap out the filter and reinstall the pan with your gasket of choice. Add about 4 quarts then start the car and put it into each gear for a second. Check the level and add as needed.

This is more of a drain and fill. I don't usually do a full flush on a trans that has some miles on it. But there are more steps of you want to do a full flush.

As for the inner tie rod ends you have to remove the clamp holding the boot on. Slide the boot back and unscrew the tie rod. I'd replace both inner and outer personally. Measure the old set up and make the new one match. You can get new boots as well. I did when I did my tie rod ends.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk
2004 Mystichrome Cobra-Accufab SBTB and plenum, Steeda 2.8" upper, Bassani X, Borla Stingers, Mcleod RXT, MGW shifter, Level 5 halfshafts, chrome FR500's, Stiffler's FIT system and DS safety loop, GT pumps, BA3000, tuned by owner
01yellerCobra is offline   Reply With Quote