View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 06:27 PM   #97
tmhutch
4v>3v>2v

Re: Under Drive Pulleys..and the problems they cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach007 View Post
Heres an idea! Collect the data through observation and experimentation, than formulate and test the hypothesis and surprise us with the outcome.

"People observe what they expect to observe, until shown otherwise; our beliefs will affect our observations (and therefore our subsequent actions). The purpose of the scientific method is to test a hypothesis, a belief about how things are, via repeatable experimental observations which can contradict the hypothesis so as to fight this observer bias."
LOL, don’t cry because I called you on your crap. You displayed a misunderstanding of the issue from your first post and resorting to vague references and name calling only reinforces the fact that you are desperate to assert knowledge in an area of which you are not familiar.

There is an appropriate time and place to apply the processes that you speak of. However, nobody here has the time, resources or desire to put a set of pullies through a 10 point failure analysis.

Making decisions without applying a 10 point analysis every time is what grownups have to do every day. There are times when we have to rely on our own personal experience and the observations of experts in the field. Deciding on whether or not to risk destroying several thousand dollars worth of equipment for 4 – 5 horsepower is one of those times. I suspect at some point in your life you will realize this.

And stop referring to “us”. There is no “us”. It’s just YOU ignoring post after post of common sense. The only reason people continue to respond to you is because you are misleading a lot of otherwise well intended enthusiast into believing UDP’s are completely safe in a high revving DOHC engine.

All this time spent arguing a moot point should be focused on contributing something useful to the community, not destructive. If all you want to do is win an argument regardless of facts, choose something that doesn’t have potentially damaging and costly results for others.

At your request I will repeat what I, and others have already said. Not for your sake because you are sure to ignore the facts, but for those who don’t have time to read 5 pages of denial.

Observation 1: Steeda underdrive pullies have been measured and found to be out of round.
Observation 2: It has been “observed” that engine vibration has decreased when Steeda underdrives were replaced with the proper size.
Observation 3: Oil pump drive surfaces on DOHC crankshafts have shown damage from increased harmonics when underdrive pullies were used.

This is called “circumstantial evidence”. It is often used in criminal courts to establish guilt or innocence through REASONING. Reasoning is something you need to polish up on. If it is considered credible enough to send someone to the gas chamber than I think we can reasonably rely on it to decide whether or not to use a set of underdrive pulleys on a Mustang.

Todd

Last edited by hawk; 03-08-2008 at 12:39 AM. Reason: removed personal attack
tmhutch is offline   Reply With Quote