View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 01:11 PM   #319
TKat13
Mach-T

Re: TKat13's Mach1 Build Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
glad its improving anyway. Ive only seen bits and pieces of this thread but

1) whats your guess on what your coolant/water mix is?
I am running 100% distilled water with two bottles of redline water wetter.

Quote:
glad
2) have you tried anything like redline water wetter? Mishimoto also has a new coolant and coolant additive out theyre calling liquid chill and claiming up to a 30 degree drop in temps in certain conditions. I dont know much about it yet as I just found out it existed. I posted on SVTP looking for feedback, will probably post on mod fords as well.
See comment above; but I think I am past the miracle additive cure, just need to make the best system possible.

Quote:
I was having water temp troubles in traffic with AC on as well with my procharger setup. I will say Im starting to suspect the CFM rating of my parts store cooling fan may be less than the OEM after all of Not A GTs posts
I am sure my core issues come from running aggressive cams; my long-block is the basically same that many run in the X275 drag class, even my TH400 is the same one. I just have a wimpy 76mm turbo to their 88s and a host of other mods they do like computer, suspension, etc. All of that just adds heat. Just makes it more challenging, but I do not believe it is impossible to resolve.

After driving around with the intercooler removed, and temps staying low I am reminded at how much I miss the AC. Really nice jumping out of the car and my glasses fog instantly. :P This really tells me the water-air intercooler is the best path. I think I am finally onto a final solution. Heck, when I go to the track I can throw in some ice to really drop the intake temps.

I just hope others learn from my challenges and save someone money in the future. Just think, I would have saved that 100.00 upgrade fee when I chose to get the larger intercooler. lol
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote