Thread: In Dash Rattle
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #20
Big Ron
Original 03 TR Owner

Re: In Dash Rattle

TTT

just got back from the dealer for the third time.......I now have the A/C-radio trim ring, the auto shifter bezel, and the guage lens covering off and out of the car.......still have a rattle in the left center of the dash. Sounds like it's coming from the trip odometer area. I've cleaned out the glove box, cup holder and the center console. I took the shop foreman out today and guess what? No rattle. It rattles everyday but today.

I hear a rattle (clicking noise) when I start the car and put it in gear.....it will stop when I put it in neutral or reverse. When I accelerate I can hear the noise, when I take my foot off the accelerator it stops. At least when I'm by myself it does. I have an automatic so it's not the shifter knob. I can hold or press the emergency brake release button and I still have the noise.

I've read and searched every post on this board, the SVT board, and the Bullitt board. All seem to say that they have the "infamous" dash rattle, but I've never quite determined the cure nor read about one other than the two above. I had a V-6 and didn't have it. Must be a V-8 symptom.

Guess I'll just have to do what some have suggested......just turn up the radio or get louder exhaust.......I love George Thorogood's "Bad To The Bone" at about the 10 marker on the volume while cruising 85 - 90 mph.

Any serious suggestions will be appreciated.

Big Ron
Big Ron is offline   Reply With Quote