View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
toad
the Night Man

Re: pump up the volume like it or not knob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bris09 View Post
Very common problem with these radios.

They're fairly easy to remove. You have to remove the shifter bezel, then the bezel for the radio/climate control. Remove the screws that hold the radio, unplug it and your done. Takes less than five minutes.

Have any radio repair shops around you? Should be less than a $100 to fix. The Mach 1000 headunit I bought the volume just stayed at the same level no matter which way you turned the knob. I'd have to find the receipt but I think it was $95 to install a new volume control, look over the rest of the unit, and clean the CD mechanism.

If your car is an 03 I have a stock headunit I'll make you a good deal on. Bought it for a Mach 1000 swap that never took place. I've never tried it as my car is an 04 but if it doesn't work, you return the radio and I'll return your money.
Thanks a million man... just the info I need.
SY Mach1|FRPP 4:10 gears|Kenny Brown welded subframe connectors|BMR upper/lower Control Arms|PHP intake spacer|MAFIA MAF extender|Procharger P1SC-2|KOOKs Longtubes|KOOKs catted X|Borla STINGER cat-back|Pro 5.0 shifter/MGW handle/MRT Yellow ball|26 spl PMP/T3650|Performance Cobra clutch|Fidanza/Anderson aluminum flywheel|MM quadrant/adjuster
toad is offline   Reply With Quote