Thread: New Intrerest
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 11:12 AM   #13
Mustanger2

Re: New Intrerest

The other day i got in my Mustang to drive to a meeting late in the evening...a cool 80 deg temp so I just put the windows down to enjoy the fresh air & to better hear the exhaust talk to me. The tranny shifted like silk through all the gears & it was a sheer pleasure to make make each shift precise & smooth...the car just seemed to want run and I could feel there was more power just waiting to be let loose! One of those perfect times & I got to thinking why worry about buying a new car this one was still so perfect to drive in every way!

I looked around & there was nothing wrong anywhere, no rattles no squeaks, I could not find a thing to detract from my enjoyment. I keep it sparkling clean as that really pleases me.

The curves were a pleasure, the underpass I usually hit the throttle hard to hear the Magnapacks I just cruised through. No stress no worries... mental therapy at it's finest!

Did I have a modern Mustang ? Not really, did the high miles bother me? Not a bit! Was this car fun? You bet! Was it uplifting that the young couple in the Audi commented ..."Beautiful car!" You bet it was! Did the low power compared to the new ones matter? Not in the slightest!

If I did want more power there was always the 04 Mach 1 in the garage to drive next time! Oh, didn't I mention I was driving my hand me down 94 GT with 173,567 miles on it? Sorry 'bout that!