View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #141
Rumplemenz

Re: Official Whipple/KB/Eaton HP/TQ/mods thread:

this thread may have just cost me 5-10k.. ha... dont think i can continue life any longer without forced induction Time to step it up.. !! I have a 2001 camry that i never drive thats mechanically flawless that i can get 4-5k for... im half way there already sick

Question and some thoughts.......

KB is claiming gains of 13hp for each psi... so a 5psi kit non intercooled would produce 65 hp at the wheels... however, they claim a 01 cobra pushes out 400rwhp with the 5psi kit which surpasses the termi's output...

"Even without an intercooler, the Kenne Bell 5 psi kit (5.5 psi peak) outpowers the '03 Cobra with 8.5 psi peak boost"

if your getting gains of 13 hp at the wheels for each psi how does a 01 cobra produce 400 rwhp with only 5psi? just curious what im missing here

Im confused of their numbers b/c this just doesnt add up... I'd probably go without the intercooler to start b/c i need to start a little bit at a time.. if i just jump to the 9psi than i'll need more anyway b/c no matter how much power ya put down ya get use to it than want more anyway...

however, dropping down over 5k for 65rwhp doesnt add up for me (if im right what i said above about the 13rwhp per psi) id probably have to just spend a little more to get that over 100...
04' TR w/ IUP-Vortech V2 3.48" pulley-aftercooler-Anderson PP-90mm MAF-SVT pump-42lb frpp injectors-frpp 4.10-SOS Pillar-FR Fuel,boost/vac gauges-Raptor shift light-aluminum DS-Steeda tri ax-MM ccplates-MM coilovers-Bilstein hd-MM full length subframes-Borla stinger catback-17x10.5 bullitts-Nitto 555r-04 Cobra mirrors/side skirts-CDC decklid panel-Steeda battery box-billet fuel door-sequential tails-Mach 1 sills-billet antenna-MGW Mach 1 plate covers-MGW brake handle-455 rwhp 389 tq

Last edited by Rumplemenz; 07-13-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Rumplemenz is offline   Reply With Quote