View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 10:34 PM   #59
Rochard

Re: Ask A Police Officer

I have a huge amount of respect for law enforcement. Any job where the pay is horrible and you can shot at just by pulling someone over..... That's a job I couldn't do. So thanks to all of the officers that their job daily.

I have a bunch of questions:

1) Some time ago I was a passenger in a car when we got pulled over. The person driving was an 19 year old woman. (She was smoking hot really.) She got pulled over for failing to stop at a stop sign. Much my amazement, she pulled over into the center of an empty parking lot, didn't roll down her windows, didn't put her car in park, and didn't even turn the engine off. I was always taught to pull the car over into a position where it's unlikely you'll be able to take off, to turn you car off AND put your cars on the dashboard. If you find someone who does all of these things, do you cut them some slack?

2) In the same incident mentioned above, we were following another car who also failed to run a stop sign. He was a twenty-five year old male. He was driving alone and the police officer asked him if he had any weapons. He replied that he did, all unloaded, all in the trunk. Within minutes there was a dozen police cars. They went through every gun - dozens of them, including sub machine guns - that were all legal and licenensed. Why did the cops come in bulk? It was like a gun show.

3) How many tickets vs warnings do cops write in one day.

Thanks guys!
Rochard is offline   Reply With Quote