View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 02:37 PM   #14
LXS

Re: Rack and pinion “build”

Ok! So after reading through their site and giving Turn One a call, for the circumstances I’m in at the moment, I’m going to have to go with the Summit unit. Nothing bad or “wrong” with the company, they seem to be a great quality shop! For me, as I mentioned earlier, it comes down to time and cost. This is straight from their site:

Quote:
RACK AND PINION SERVICES
Service Starts at $250
Standard lead time: 2-3 weeks*

Turn One’s rack and pinion rebuilding service is the most comprehensive rebuilding service available. Our technicians know racks inside and out. With over 60 years of combined experience, we know what to look for and how to fix it. Whether it be a C4 Corvette or a late model rack, Turn One can make your old rack feel brand new. We completely disassemble the rack and check all seals, valves, and bearings to ensure proper function and replace parts as needed. After reassembly, Turn One dyno tests the rack and tunes it for top quality and performance.

**Attention C5 and C6 Corvette customers: If your rack is leaking from the electro-magnet wires, Turn One cannot guarantee that your rack will not leak from these wires after rebuilding. Turn One takes every precaution to eliminate current or potential leaks but cannot guarantee success in regards to this matter. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact our technical service department.**

* Lead times are approximate, and may vary depending on work flow. Turn One can expedite projects for an additional $150 fee. Expedited turn around time is within 1 week.
Price is $250 to start (price does not include parts that may need replacing), turn around time is 3-4 weeks (at the moment), and if I want it expedited, it’s an additional $150! All was verified when I spoke with Lisa from Turn One a moment ago. Again, nothing wrong with the company and certainly nothing against them, I just don’t have the time to wait about a month for the rack to be built nor do I have the extra funds to expedite it. If I were to go that route, it would put me at $400 for the rebuild (expedited), not including shipping to and from, nor any unforeseen parts replacement which would increase the final cost. I do not plan on getting rid of my stock rack, so I’ll definitely hold onto it and have it rebuilt by Turn One at a much later date.

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
t45 swap (BEST decision of my life!!!)
Don't fear the gear!

I'm not a real mechanic, I just play one online...
LXS is offline   Reply With Quote