Thread: Spark plug gap
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 03:20 AM   #17
TKat13
Mach-T

Re: Spark plug gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv7 View Post
The tune itself is fine car runs great just dumps too much fuel at idle. Tuning can't fix hardware, the 80s don't like to run below 2ms pulsewidth, and you end up running slightly less PW than that at idle with a little 4.6, with a 5.4 you have to do all the tricks to get load up at idle and get the PW up above 2. When you are below 2ms the injectors just dump fuel and you run 11:1.
while your information may be dead perfect for your setup; today I wanted to verify and ran my mach to temp, idling the entire time. Mine at idle is 14.7 to 15.0 as it does move around a bit. Never seen a wide band not move around. Although you seem to have issues idling with 80s and running way rich at 11:1, I do not have this issue at all, which was my point in that 80s could run just fine and it is not a mechanical issue, unless I have some magical injectors, which I am sure I do not.

I am running 11:1 compression, stroker (5.0) and aggressive cams for my turbo setup and ported heads. While all this may make you say my setup allows it, I also have a buddy that has the same injectors on a 2 valve with 8.5 compression with the same 76mm turbo. He does have cams and head work as well. But, at idle, he has the same results.

The only two things that are the same between our builds are: turbo, injectors and the tuner himself.

do what you want, I just 100% completely disagree with you, 80s work fine at idle.
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP

Last edited by TKat13; 03-12-2018 at 03:21 AM. Reason: missed the '1's. :)
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote