View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #141
TKat13
Mach-T

Re: TKat13's Mach1 Build Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModMike View Post
**** man, you have a lot of custom work going into this build. It looks awesome. Should be a mean ***** when you're done with it. Great build thread too! I know first hand how difficult it can be to take the extra time documenting something like this.
Thanks! Certainly many of the changes were unknown and unchartered areas for me, which is why this is taking so long plus my work schedule of course. I really jumped in feet first and hoping I did not drown. This is my first build of this magnitude and with each step I have had to take a large amount of time doing research, many forums have helped but with just as much help, there is equal part that there has been a complete lack of anything like this documented with the small details not being mentioned. Documenting it hopefully helps others as well as allowing me a reference to come back to at a later point, which I have already used.

My next big item is to install the transmission cooler, I have very limited options and frankly have not seen anything online yet the is very helpful. I do not want to put it in front of the intercooler or behind the horse. My current opinion is on the side, I prefer the passenger side just to keep everything away from the hot side but there is much less available room there because of the BOV. Still scratching my head on this one. Also, figuring out the best way to have a thermostat controlled fan, I want the thermostat to be triggered based on real fluid temp, not open air temp near the trans cooler, so I am still looking at those options. These details are limited as many just do not discuss it, again, never did an Auto swap in my life. haha

More importantly, I really miss driving the Mach.
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote