View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #83
Mach828
Dark Knight

Re: LDC Cooling mod install.

Well I went with the GEN1 LDC Cooling mod. Just a word of advice for the next person.

The drivers side freeze plug is cake to take off. I hit it with a punch and hammer and then was able to pull it out with a pair of pliers. Super easy.

The passenger side stock fitting was an absolute PITA. The easiest way to do it I found, was to disconnect the two fittings for the heater on the top of the engine bay near the fire wall. You push the buttons on the side and they come out pretty easy. Next, your going to have to pull the hose off the passenger side fitting. Its one of those annoying heater clamps, in a super tight spot to get to. Hope you have a foot long pair of needle nose pliers, or like me, a long flat head and a lot of patience.

The fitting was BS to get off. It was on there so tight. I used a block of wood against the rear of the engine and a crow bar and after bending the crap out of it, and roating it, and pulling. It finally came out. The directions acted like it was simply grab it and pull it out by hand, ya thats not the case at all. Its so tight of a fit.

..Putting the new parts on was pretty easy though. Just taking off the stock passenger fitting sucked.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote