View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #25
Mach828
Dark Knight

Re: Removing Valve Covers and Installing Cobra Cams - A Complete How To With Pics

Well new cams are in the car. I totally forgot to buy the new cam bolts from Ford, and since today is Sunday, I won't be able to finish until tomorrow. I got too excited

The orange chain rails have 2 of these tiny little fittings, and the top one on each side broke without any force. Luckily I had towels covering all the holes, and they didn't get anywhere they shouldn't have. I would be surprised if anyone else who has does the install hasn't broken the little fittings.

The drivers side cam wasn't too bad, passenger side more challenging. Long as the cam covers go back on smoothly, and timing chains turn smoothly when i test crank the car, it will have been a successful project. Very challenging. But I'd say its at about the same level as doing gears, and a clutch and flywheel.

Hoping after a custom tune running ethanol and a lot of timing I will be at about 320hp. But since I don't care much for dyno numbers, the track is the real determination. Hoping to hit a 12.9 et with our 7,000 DA over here in ABQ

__

I was able to get much more clearance by taking of the exhaust side cam bolt, and sliding the cam gear back to give me more chain slack.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage

Last edited by Mach828; 09-18-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote