View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 04:25 PM   #5
blueautomach

Quote:
Originally posted by southbeachmach1
Off this topic but Tell me about your Pro-M 95 mm MAF and the JLT RAI.

Does this integrate with the shaker? Any stalling problems?
Well, since you want to hijack your own thread I'll be happy to tell you. The Pro-M/JLT combo that I have has given me absoluely no stalling issues, or any issues whatsoever. It does not integrate with the shaker though so if you want to keep that functional go with either the K&N or the MRT. I cant tell you if the Pro-M increases horsepower, but 3 of the 4 strongest N/A (as far as dyno numbers go) automatic Machs that I've seen here run an aftermarket meter. "cmylxgo" is the only one that didn't at the time that he made like 280hp STD. Jim Vaccaro, BlackMach, and I all are in the exact same range and use a Pro-M. I firmly believe that I'll dyno quite a bit higher once I can figure out what in the heck is killing my power at 4800rpm (see my dyno in this section of the forums). Personally I say whatever has a bigger hole and lets more air go through, makes more power IF you have the means to burn it better, and get it out of the back of your car faster. But you will need additional mods and a good tune to see the benefits of adding an aftermarket meter. Just buying one and putting it on will not really do you any good except for adding a $250 ornament under your hood.

Hope this helps, but it's just my opinion.

*Gone but not forgotten*
'99 Cobra convertible
(had the aftermarket thrown at it)

'96 GT
Juiced and still slow

Last edited by blueautomach; 09-24-2004 at 04:28 PM.
blueautomach is offline   Reply With Quote