View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #4
Metalmover

Re: New to the forum DSG 2003 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
Welcome and congrats to both of you. He ought to flip when he realizes it's his. (I would)

So this lady was the original owner? Im guessing she got it too hot and that's what happened to the head gasket. These cars typically don't have a lot of head gasket issues. Might've caught a rock on one of those highway commutes, which could explain the new radiator. Did she park it in a garage at least?
She had a covered area to the side of her garage...it was in that stall..covered...her dad would roll it out once in a while and he had tried to keep the battery charged, but that had gone long ago before me....now; its like a new car in a lot of ways....
I've never really been a car guy, I woke up a year and a half ago and freaked to find an old foxbody like the one I had...
I'm a hella machinist and I am surrounded by some awesome x-mechanics (my employees) who are super talents that way too.
In the end I had the engine done by an outside company and every single part was replaced in it...kinda a good feeling now.
At first I was trying to fix it for her....did the fuel tank and such to get it back on....then watched it overheat slowly at idle....when I took it apart...it was obvious it needed redone....running perfect now though...
I felt bad and offered her a good amount for it...she's a friend too.
Metalmover is offline   Reply With Quote