View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #53
mach1atlanta

Re: Lock-out, missed shifts - Mystery solved?

Just wanted to chime in.

I bought a 03 Azure with 39k on the clock having 2 of the issues talked about here.

1) Crappy clutch engagement and not consistently at the same letup point - I fixed this with a Fiore quadrant and adjuster kit. I can not tell you how much better this made the engagement and it's consistent now. It was killing me that I was periodically lurching the car and I've been driving sticks and performance cars for years..... Great fix !

2) Sloppy shifter - I bought and installed the MGW shifter kit with the Mach 1 T-Handle and inner boot. Man, huge improvement and as they say, no more of that missed 2nd-3rd shift feeling. It is a bit stiff, but already beginning to wear in the way it should. I've owned 2 Tri-Ax shifters before and this flat out for me blows them away in terms of positive engagement and feel/quality.

I still need to do the RP ATF and RP oil changes to complete the break in.

Oh, for sure remove the seat if you are doing the quadrant replacement. I am not that big of a guy and I still couldn't properly snake myself under the dash with it in. Once i took it out (all of 5 minutes to do with a socket set), I had the stock quadrant off in under a minute.

Matt
mach1atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote