View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 01:21 AM   #24
hotford

Re: Hello Mach 1 World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkknight039 View Post
A few questions, if you don’t mind. I have never owned a forced induction car before.
I do not hear a supercharger whine on this car at all, is that normal?
There is a boost gauge and it appears to be working and I think I know how to read it as it shows vacuum and boost but it seems like boost wouldn’t kick in until higher RPMs?
Should I get the heat shield for the air filter as I would assume it’s sucking in hot engine air?
It looks like the previous owner modified the shaker scoop as there is no pan underneath it. It looks like it would just draw air in and onto the top of the supercharger and that idle I suppose it would vent hot air?
Thank you for all your help!
The eaton factory blower will have whine under WOT like no other!!

Boost should be all in by 3500 RPM and carry up to 6500, check and see if the by-pass is function correctly, belt slippage...what boost are you seeing?

Shield may help a bit but if ya could stick it in the fender it would be a lot cooler, like I did on mine.

the shaker is pretty non existent function wise with a PD blower, the added cooling from fresh air cools it as your driving and yes will help dissipate some heat when at idle.
2011 Shelby GT 500
hotford is offline   Reply With Quote