View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 10:03 AM   #26
Rusty67

Re: Welp my engine is dead....

[QUOTE=hotford;1636916]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty67 View Post
The shop I talked to told me that local machine shops will charge between 8-10K to do the rebuild of the motor. Combine that with the 3500 they want to RnR the motor and I think I'm going to have to give up on her.

Ya Id walk away from that estimate myself!! so far out in left field!!

I built a stroked, cammed terminator motor, 6K, that included all machine cost, fresh valve job, etc, even had the valve cover powered coated!!

Re and Re ran 1K!!

shop around...or better yet coyote swap it, now a days they make it so easy to do!!
The problem out here is all the MS/Amazon/Google execs are driving the price up. It is Silicon Valley 2.0 up here. Shops charge and arm and a leg for everything and I want to take my stuff to a competent place where they really know Mustangs if I'm going to pay someone else to do it. That is why I'm going to do it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH302 View Post
Sounds good, i'm a native Texan, so that should say it all about going to CA, lol

Sad all the fires that go on there in CA.

ASh
I've always wanted to visit Texas, I'm a huge BBQ nut. Once all this SARS-2.0 BS is finally over I'm going to visit for sure.

It happens every few years. The west coast, but especially CA, is vulnerable to wild fires. Every time we have a massive wet season followed by a really hot summer this happens. Sometimes it is a 2 year gap where it is wet 2 years in a row then REALLY hot. I think that is what happened this time around. This is the worst fire season in a long time.

I'm going to get on the wait list for the motor today as well as the MaxJax which are aparently sold out right now.
Rusty67 is offline   Reply With Quote