View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 12:20 PM   #9
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

Re: mach is jerking while driving.

UPDATE:
Well after driving the mach a little more and getting the full tank that I added the fuel system cleaner, at almost half a tank, I was on the interstate, the car suddenly changed behavior, before that it was jerking really bad, but suddenly cleared up.
I ended up before this, returning the mach to stock tune and then re upload the performance tune. This time it would not let me see the injectors or maf, but would let me see the gears and idle rpms. So, I switched the gears to 4.10 and put the idle up to over 1000rpms.
after it changed behavior, I was on a back road where I could come to stop and lower speeds and it was not acting like it was with the jerking.
I drove it a little while ago today to see if maybe I got lucky and it did fine. It only jerked in one of the gears but didn't the rest of the time.
I also changed the IAC, when I took the other one off it didn't have a gasket, but thanks to 311-420, the one he sent me had the gasket with it and put that on with it.
I still think this Mach needs a retune on the dyno, but I want to believe that it was from the car sitting for so long, even though he started it up; I have a theory.
My theory is: that while the car was sitting and even though it hadn't been driven for over a year and half, there was junk building up in the fuel line.
I believe this junk doesn't have time to build up if we are driving the car more often, but when sitting it just built up.
After I started drying it that junk was getting in the way while at lower rpms and causing the jerking problem. Now while it was fine going through the gears and wot, is because there was so much pressure that the junk build up wasn't effecting it, only at idle and holding speeds.
I think the fuel system cleaner helped out to clean that out.

Again this is my theory, do not know if I am correct, going off my own personal time with the car and what the owner has told me.
I have kept him updated and he has also check on the car. He also feels bad and said that if I go get it redyno and tune he would split the cost with me. To me that isn't a seller that knew there was a problem with the car. I think it was just timing on everything.

ASh
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote