View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #20
hawk
Braderunna

Re: Installing MSD Digital Window Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey03mach1 View Post
OK I've got everything hooked up except the yellow wire. I'm confused about where the "low amp" ground is you are referring too. Doesn't the yellow wire basically make a ground for whatever it is you are windowing? Can I just hook the ground for the NMU directly to the yellow wire? It seems that this would complete the ground for the NMU and activate it between the programmed window.
The "low amp" ground refers to the ground for the relay coil. The coil of the relay uses very little current, so you can connect that directly to the yellow of the window switch. The "high amp" or switch side of the relay can support loads like solenoids, bottle heater, etc.

When the window switch activates (RPM is between low and high RPM setpoints) the yellow wire supplies a ground to the relay coil. The other side of the relay coil is going to be hooked to +12v power, possibly through an "arm" switch and a WOT switch, and maybe a fuel pressure switch, depending on how you wire it. Alternatively, you could put the WOT and the FPS in series with the ground side of the relay, it will achieve the same thing.

The basic thing is, you want the coil of the relay for the solenoids to be in series with the window switch, the fuel pressure switch and the WOT switch, and the ends of that chain connected to switched 12v and ground.

SheaSanfords diagram shows this pretty well.

Visit my garage on mach1mustang.org for details.
hawk is offline   Reply With Quote